Reflections of the heart

April 26, 2013

April Check in - My heart

There comes a point where you let go of what you were clinching tightly to, and you say "thy will be done" sincerely from your heart.
And freedom pours in, daily, into your heart. 
Transformation takes place within you right before your eyes.
You read the lyrics "I am set free" and stand up with hands raised, tears streaming down the side of your face and an unrecognizable, broken voice being belted from your heart.


You are finally humbled enough to accept Gods will and search after Him.
To give up the last year of struggling to get things done or walk away.

You stop telling God what needs to happen and start walking in faith.
Faith bring us into surrender to obey... Because we believe He will lead us not astray, but further along the path of His righteous will.

Isn't that a sweet place to be?
I was lead astray for a few months. I struggled to get back. My heart was restless throughout it all. But I desperately wanted what I thought was mine and so amazing. I held as tight as I could without appearing so invested. Then God, faithfully broke me free. My stubborn, clenched hands relaxed in His presence. My broken heart made new and stronger. He redeemed me!! He restored what the locusts had devoured.


Then came the transition of cutting off more things that were no longer permitted in my walk.

And here I am. 
I am not perfect, but I am free. I am unchained to that yolk of bondage that had my heart captured.

And for the first time in a while it is just me and the Lord and I am satisfied.
I am satisfied ladies!!


But I want more... 
I want to run with my King, to be with Him every waking minute of the day. 

That is where I fall short these days. Just seizing every moment that can be given and spent with Him.

If it isn't one thing it is another in our walk of being sanctified.
May He wash me and you in His word continually and bring beauty from within.
Those hidden treasures found in His word... Why don't we adorn ourselves with them as we do our makeup, and jewelry. We can focus on impressing the world with the God we serve and all that He gives us in our faithful walk of love with Him.


I pray that is your heart for your life right now if you are single, married, widowed or... Hm. I don't know what else works here. But in all seriousness I pray for us to be set free in Him, for Him and with Him.


He has done great things. 

& He is not done!!

1 HugsandBlessings:

Unknown said...

My beautiful friend! I loved reading this. Thank you for sharing your heart and what the Lord is working in your life. Your willingness to follow the Lord and do what He asks of you is a great testimony! :)

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated! Thank you so much :).

© 2011 My Retreat, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena