I have not had the delight or pleasure of reading the book. So please take my uneducated, minor rave LIGHTLY. I suppose the book is much more amazing and tantalizing but as a woman who is blind to such things I will gladly tell you that the movie JANE EYRE, playing currently at select theaters in Orange County, was no doubt brilliant, beautiful, alluring and overall a great love story to add to an already growing collection! (That last part was referring to my own assortment.)
I can't really give a review. That isn't my FORTE, if you will ;).
But I can say that the way the dialogue, tension of characters and cinematography all came together was nothing short of amazing.
Stunning to the eye, stimulating to the mind and driven to penetrate even the most pessimistic of hearts this is a movie to watch while sipping a latte, sans sugar, and nibbling your chocolate bar that just so happens to have bits of toffee and almonds in it :).
(That last part, once again, was referring to me. )
Now, given that I have over the past couple of years become quite a fan of all things mentioned before I have also welcomed period pieces into that realm. What I once as a highschool student found boring and undesireable has become something that I seek. This movie gave me all I could ask for in a period piece. The costumes were fitted perfect despite the full covered look. I actually wished halfway through that the style of that era would resurface because I can say with 100 percent honesty... I would ROCK THAT! :)
Jane Eyre, the character not the actress herself, was a woman that I could relate too. We tend to have the same common denominator as our testimony. Her childhood was one of neglect, abuse and torment. Yet, her self-worth was GOD given and she did not bend at what title society and the oppressors of her past had given her. She holds herself in a strong manner throughout the film. One that is, to me, to be admired. I can relate although I don't believe I give off QUITE that personality. But I admire her strength and the underlying wisdom of God she seems to have about herself as a woman and life. She speaks her mind right along the border of what a woman was expected to say and what she wanted to say. If that makes ANY sense.
She was graceful and independent. Yet she still was able to be desired. I think I often picture myself as some oddly different woman when I think of myself having a husband. As if my personality will be altered so that I may fit that cookie cutter molding of a woman of God in this country. One that I don't believe was created for me. yet in my head I have created entirely for ME...As if these years are to be cherished because my life and MYSELF will never be the same once I embark on that beautiful road of marriage.
AREN'T I JUST A NUT? Married ladies. feel free to shake your heads or voice an opinion here ;). and remember this is just something I realized within me 2 hours ago. God is WORKING!!! lol thank you LORD!
back to the movie...
A great actor. Lovely eyes and dark hair. Yes. He is the one who runs after Jane's heart and... well I can't talk too much about this man. I'll leave it at lovely and amazing eyes and be on my little way. haha
I seem to have lost my thought. Oh well. Just know that this film is full of suspense, LOVE, confusion, sadness, pain and HAPPINESS. I recommend you make time to go enjoy it and let me know what you think. It truly swept me away as if I were sitting in Barnes and Noble reading an amazing book. What a beautiful fantasy to have enjoyed last night with my dear sister, who I will also be traveling to AFRICA this summer with!
Feeling Blessed y'all.
(and Swoonnninggg much? goodness)
♥ CHETREANNA ♥cheche




