Reflections of the heart

March 3, 2011

Che and her RAMBLES #2


A dear sister and fellow blogger is having an amazing GIVEAWAY! Please go check it out :).

Isn't it a bit weird when couples look alike?
And why does it seem to be that most couples resemble each other?

Would it creep you out if you realized one day that your husband looks just like you?

I only say this because it weirds me out a lot when I see couples, especially MARRIED couples, who look just like each other. I mean perhaps it is that inward appreciation or obsession of self that comes into play here. But I find it fascinating and awkward. The therapist in me wants to sit these couples down and ask them WHY? Why are you married or in love with your twin? Can't you see how difficult it is for others to look at you guys together without questioning if your dating or brother and sister??

I am terribly sorry. I usually keep my rants and disturbances to myself because I talk a lot in everyday life and I tend to cover how I am feeling throughout those various conversations. BUT, being that I was sent home from work sick and I have some free time before I need to go meet a sister for coffee I thought I would let out what I would be discussing with coworkers with y'all.

Today I found another new blog that I love.

I speak fluent sarcasm but over the last two years I sort of stopped practicing the language due to the fact that in psychology sarcasm is classified as a defense mechanism. Well, this initially hurt and bruised my pride but then something strange happened after that class. Whenever I would go to speak SARCASTICALLY, I would realize why I felt the need to insert sarcasm and it was usually out of way to make things more tolerable and to protect myself from those "unpleasant" emotions. Which, growing up, for me was sadness or pain. Anyways I still can appreciate a sarcastic and sassy use of the English language but I often wonder what the sarcasm is replacing and/or hiding.


So basically this blog is random :). Thankfully that doesn't matter. I love you all and I pray that none of your are sent home sick from work and that God richly blesses you on this day. If you allow Him of course. THE CHOICE IS YOURS ♥.


00000Chetreanna00000

5 HugsandBlessings:

Liz said...

hehehe. your blog makes me smile :)

Danica Pardini said...

haha I think the exact same thing! It's always really annoyed me and it's like...confusing. My cousin Michelle and her husband are like that. She has very fair skin, dark brown hair, blue eyes and her hubby Ryan has fair skin, dark brown hair, greenish eyes and they have the same sorta nose too. It's creepy. :) haha

arielle elise. said...

hehe...that is too good...and yes! it is funny when couples look alike...i agree ;) i once almost dated a guy who people thought looked like my brother (soo glad i didn't end up dating him!!)

blessings to you dear one!

<3

Heather Grace said...

I just want you to know how encouraging your comments always are. Your blog is so encouraging as well. Keep sharing your love for Christ!!

Sarah said...

haha.. this is funny. well, i´ve never seen a couple which looks the same. but it´s funny that you see this. :D
i hope you´re feeling better soon.
god bless you.
xoxo, pink lady <3

btw. thanks a lot for your beautiful comments. :)

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated! Thank you so much :).

© 2011 My Retreat, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena